Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Oh boy, another "debate"


So tonight's "debate" rules are as follows (h/t to Mock, Paper, Scissors for the link)--let's dissect as we go:
The questions will be culled from a group of 100 to 150 uncommitted likely voters in the audience and another one-third to come via the Internet. Brokaw selects which questions to ask from written queries submitted prior to the debate.
Now THIS is exciting! Assuming the "1 in 10" stat holds true (that means 10% of the population is gay), there will be at least 10-15 questions coming from gay/lesbian people! Sweet! I know I've got plenty of questions to ask BOTH candidates!
The Gallup Organization makes sure the questioners reflect the demographic makeup of the nation.
See? More support for my happiness! There might even be a hispanic lesbian! This'll be the chance for both candidates to address their views on how we're all the same, all equal under the law and in God's eyes, right?
An audience member isn’t allowed to switch questions and will not be allowed a follow-up either. His or her microphone will be turned off after the question is read and a camera shot will only be shown of the person asking — not reacting.
Well. This is kinda shitty, no? Still--I'm SURE there will be equal representation for all of our viewpoints! This is a "town hall meeting," after all, right?
The moderator may not ask follow-ups or make comments.
As if they're gonna be able to keep Tom I-love-the-sound-of-Brokaw-talking Brokaw quiet? No follow-ups? I read that he had not yet agreed to this stipulation, so we'll see.
McCain and Obama will be provided with director’s chairs, but they’re also allowed to stand. They can’t roam past their “designated area” marked on the stage and are not supposed to ask each other direct questions.
I love that they mention the KIND of chairs--"director's chairs," get it? 'Cuz they're both IN CHARGE! *wink* I'm sure McSurly will have no trouble obeying the "don't talk to the other guy" rule, as his arrogance didn't allow him to even look at Obama during the first debate. But I hope Obama breaks this rule and speaks directly to McFossil. If he plays his cards right, McOld might just get pissed, and we just might get one of those meltdown "FUCKYOUIKNOWMOREABOUTTHISTHANANYONEELSEINTHISROOM!" moments I'm sooooo hoping for!

So those are the rules. Are you gonna watch?

7 comments:

Life As I Know It Now said...

not really sure. I like listening on the radio better because I can focus on what they mean rather than what they are wearing or look like. ADD I know!

Elizabeth said...

I blew the whole thing off and watched a Beastie Boys documentary.

Does that make me bad?

Randal Graves said...

I watched and normally I'd feel stupid for doing so, but I had alcohol, so that helped ease the pain, my friends.

Claire said...

I watched it. McCain actually repeated his old "I know how to get Bin Laden" line. OK, so if you KNOW, shouldn't you call the Army right away?

Sorghum Crow said...

That's more rules than cricket and just about as hard to understand.

I half listened to the debate on the radio. I have a idea for a debate game for the next go around. Every time McCain opens his festering gob, every American should go to his or her door (or open window) and scream out "F*ck You, McCain".

dguzman said...

Lib--I hear ya. Of course, I turned on the radio around 9:15 only to hear McLies claiming that the whole financial mess went back to Fannie and Freddie, and ALL of that was the fault of Obama and his pals! I couldn't stand it. I screamed at the radio and shut it off.

Enc--there you go! You gotta fight... for your right...

Randal--I had alcohol too, but no debate, my friends!

CDP--He's so out-of-control it's ridiculous. He KNOWS how to win a war, how to find Bin Laden--the guy's Superman or something.

SorgCrow--GREAT PLAN!

Matthew Hubbard said...

What cdp said. If you know something that important, tell someone in authority. You're a senator, I sure you could find someone who would listen.