Monday, October 20, 2008

More reasons I like Joe Biden**

From the man who brought us the brilliant in-a-nutshell of Rudy Giuliani's sentence structure: "a noun, a verb, and 9/11," Joe's still laying it out there:

On Leno, he hit McCain on the ridiculous notJoe the notplumber:
Let me put it this way: I don't know -- the neighborhood I grew up, even the neighborhood I live in now, which is a really nice neighborhood, I don't know many plumbers who are making $250,000 a year and worried about it. We're kind of worried about Joe the fireman, Joe the policeman, Joe the real plumber with a license.
ZING! Point: Biden!

At a Seattle fundraiser, he offered up this analysis of the next president's job, including a classical literature reference that Chimpy probably had to ask Condi to explain to him:
"Gird your loins," Biden told the crowd.... "We're gonna win with your help, God willing, we're gonna win, but this is not gonna be an easy ride. This president, the next president, is gonna be left with the most significant task. It's like cleaning the Augean stables, man."
BAM! My man knows his mythology.

Just two more reasons I like Joe!

**UPDATED! As Dr. Monkey so aptly pointed out, Joe has stumbled a few times, especially in his support of changing the bankruptcy laws to pretty much make it almost impossible to be eligible for bankruptcy, and exempting certain debts (like student loans, the bastards!) from BK protection. I guess no one's perfect. But I'll take Joe any day over Failin' or Big Dick Darth Cheney.

13 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Except for his support of the draconian new bankrputcy laws, I've always liked Joe too.

Anonymous said...

W had to ask Condi? Like that would do any good. Hell, Condi probably thinks the Aegean Stables is a leather bar in The Village.

LET'S TALK said...

Biden was the best VP pick that Obama could have made to help with foreign affairs. If Obama is elected President and something happens to him, then Biden could step in with no problem at all...can the same be said of Palin?

Anonymous said...

You know DG. The best part about Biden's mythological reference is that I'll bet the crowd he was speaking to actually understood it.

Fran said...

Go Joe!!!

Anonymous said...

I dig Joe.
He's exactly what the GOP purports to love- plain spoken, hard working, with good family values.
He'd make a perfectly good president, IMO.

Sorghum Crow said...

I bet Biden knows how to use a shovel, too. Although a bulldozer might be a better tool for getting through all the horsesh*t that we face.

dguzman said...

Dr. Monkey--I should've put that disclaimer in there. I'll edit!

Kirby--ZING! Nice one!

Let's Talk--I agree wholeheartedly. Biden has proven himself over the years, and he really nailed it at the debate. Palin would be a national nightmare of global proportions.

Spartacus--you're probably right! All us liberal elite, wastin' time readin' books. Books!

Fran--hee hee!

Karen--No kidding. But I can't think of any repugs I'd even put in Joe's category. Maybe--Specter? Nah, don't like him enough.

SorCrow--he's gonna need several bulldozers.

Claire said...

I didn't always approve of Biden's enabling of Delaware's banking laws, but other than that, I'm a huge fan. I lived in DE for 7 years, and he was a great Senator; he really cares about the interests of the people. He'd make a great President if (God forbid) anything should happen to Obama.

Randal Graves said...

I like the hair plugs.

Elizabeth said...

A dirt sandwich would be better than Darth Cheney.

Matthew Hubbard said...

I'm with the monkey about the bankruptcy laws. If the Dems gain power, they need to re-write them and right soon.

Lulu Maude said...

I like Joe, too. His heart's definitely in the right place.

He knows a lot, too. I was impressed with his grasp of the issues during the primaries.