1. Put your music player on Shuffle
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER WHAT
MattyBoy says that's in caps because it's IMPORTANT! so here we go--you'll get what Player gives ya.
1. IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY” YOU SAY? California, Joni Mitchell
2. WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY? Song Sparrow, Lang Elliott (from my "Music of the Birds" CD)
UPDATE!--Lang Elliott used to work at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, and he's a big-time bird guy. He does recordings of actual bird songs and puts them together on CDs (and usually an accompanying book with text about and photos of the birds).
I tried to put up the intro/first track from "Music of the Birds" up here, but I don't know how to upload it. Here, however, is a link to a photo and recording of one of my favorite bird songs, that of the wood thrush.
I wish I could load the intro to his CD, though, because you should hear how he talks--it's just the funniest, dorkiest, but cutest thing you'll hear all day! First thing--here's his photo:Now imagine him saying, in a funny little old guy voice, like Mr. Rogers only not so gay: "Hi Friends. This is Lang Elliott. Welcome to the audio portion of Music of the Birds." It sounds like "Music of the Burds." It's so cute! Anyway--back to our previously scheduled programming.
3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL? Nothing Can Come Between Us, Sade
4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY? Common Yellowthroat (typical and flight songs), Lang Elliott
5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE? Nothing Compares 2U, Sinead O'Connor
6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO? Lark Sparrow, Lang Elliott (god, I'm a dork)
7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU? Red-eyed Vireo, Lang Elliott (indeed!)
8. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS? 'Tis of Thee, Ani DiFranco
9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN? Kid, The Pretenders
10. WHAT IS 2+2? Acadian Flycatcher, Lang Elliott (sounds like "pizza! pizza!")
11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND? Ghost, Indigo Girls (that's kinda scary)
12. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE? Eastern Wood-Pewee, Lang Elliott
13. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY? Brown-headed Cowbird (male and female calls), Lang Elliott
14. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP? Silver Springs, Fleetwood Mac
15. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE? Black-capped Chickadee, Lang Elliott
16. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU? Savannah Sparrow, Lang Elliott (so accurate, you know?)
17. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING? House Finch (extended courting song), Lang Elliott (wow!)
18. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL? No Ordinary Love, Sade
19. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST? Hello Birmingham, Ani DiFranco
20. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET? What Child is This?, Vince Guaraldi Trio
21. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS? All That You Have Is Your Soul, Tracy Chapman
22. WHAT SHOULD YOU POST THIS AS? Carolina Wren, Lang Elliott
See, cool people like Matty Boy have Elvis Costello, or opera, or They Might Be Giants on their music players. People like me have bird songs and some very old lesbian favorites. Sheesh.