Monday, November 05, 2007

Rudy Jewels, Mayor of the Universe!

Thanks to Talking Points Memo for this little item on Rudy's latest campaign claims. To wit,

"One of the key differences between me and all my opponents is I've had the safety and security of 8 million people on my shoulders. Being continually tested in crisis situations gives me the credibility and experience to control our borders."

Wow. Who knew Rudy was so freakin' in control? All those transit and garbage strikes must've forged him into a safety/security superman! WTF do mayors really do, anyway?

My guess is that he thought it would sound impressive to say "8 million people," but let's face it -- I'm no New Yorker, but it seems to me the guy was probably too busy covering for dirty pals like Bernie Kerik, getting rich making speeches, and doing nothing spectacular on 9/11 to actually even come close to having "the safety and security of 8 million people on [his] shoulders." Fecking liar.

I'm hoping that Puking Pumpkin Award Giver D-cap in NY and/or New Yawkuh FranIAm will see this and
Go.
The.
Feck.
Off.
on Rudy for this shite.

3 comments:

Fran said...

My dear and wise friend Delia-

I find Rudolph Giuliani one of the most loathesome creatures in the entire universe.

He is deserving of a puking pumpkin indeed, but I have trouble writing more than a few words about him now without becoming puking FranIam!

When I was but a young and dewey fresh-faced blogger back in July and August I did write about him...
here and then here and then finally here.

More ink than he deserves. However, I will see what I can muster up.

I will tell you this sister- I could never in a million years imagine he would have come this far. Evah evah evah. Which I must admit, frightens me.

A lot.

Uh- oh my tummy don't feel so good!!!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

He did such a great job protecting NY from the terrorists after that first attack, didn't he?


That big picture of the lovely Rachel Weisz always makes me smile when I come here. Thanks for adopting her!

dguzman said...

Fran, I feel your pain. I think the same thing (never in a million years imagine he would've come this far) about W.

Monkey, I love how huge that photo turned out too--it's kinda ridiculous, and I thought about changing it (thought I don't really know how!), but I'm keeping it now--anything to please the Monkey/Love campaign!