Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Info needed

I was looking through a catalog from Bed, Bath, and BEYOND-OND-OND-OND! just now, as a coworker and I were discussing what to get my cool boss for xmas, when I came across an item called a MANGROOMER, a "do-it-yourself electric back hair shaver" that basically looks like a an oversized Trac II with a super-long handle. Probably everyone's seen or heard of this thing --I don't have TV, so I don't get to see this stuff unless it's just by chance. I couldn't find a pic online or I'd grace you with that -- suffice it to say that, thankfully, the guy in the ad seems to have just finished shaving whatever might've been growing back there.

1. Do guys really use things like the Mangroomer, mustache trimmers, or ear and nose hair trimmers?

2. If guys do use these things, do they buy them for themselves, or do they wait for a frustrated (disgusted?) spouse or significant other to gift it to them?

3. If guys don't admit to using them or buying them, then why the hell are there so many different kinds?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't use any of that stuff, but I will admit to going after ear and nose and eyebrow hair with a regular shaver sometimes, or with those little bathroom scissors...

Fran said...

EEW. That is all- eew.

Mr HeIs is not too hairy so this is not an issue for us, but, well, it just sounds freaky, a razor with a long handle.

That's all I'm sayin'

dguzman said...

Fillip, thanks for the input! I guess it's not that different from women plucking or waxing, but somehow--and maybe this is just the total Kinsey 6 lesbian in me--but somehow it just seems icky to think of a man shaving his BACK.

Fran, I'm with ya, girl. Glad Mr. HeIs is not hairy! If you can find a xmas catalog for Bed Bath and Beyondondond, check it out on page 15.

Sorghum Crow said...

I'm sure there are men who might use a back shaver. I personally have enough trouble working up the energy to even shave my face every day. As for shaving my back, I don't think so. And for the record, I might be considered too hairy by some.

dguzman said...

I think most men (and some women) are just hairy, Crow. I know lots of people who actually dig hairy men.

I just always wondered about all these crazy body-hair products.

Randal Graves said...

I second Fillip. If I have hair somewhere that's not my face, then I don't worry about it. I'm not a male model. :)

In_Flight said...

No, never. If it's not something easy and traditional, forget it. Who has the time?

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Never buy a guy any stuff like that. I'm telling you. Don't do it.

Matthew Hubbard said...

Ear hair removal is getting to be important at my age. I would totally like a better tool than scissors/tweezers.

A reason to enter BB&B for the very first time!!! Wish me luck.

Distributorcap said...

yes all men are closet users of stuff like this

GETkristiLOVE said...

What's wrong with a tie? :D

dguzman said...

Oooh, I'm loving all this input! Good luck, Matty Boy!

D-cap: a-ha! I knew there had to be a reason they were still making these "inventions."

Monkey/Love: no doubt. I will stick with less personal gifts for my male friends. Like a butt plug.