Thursday, September 11, 2008

You know who I feel sorry for now?

What must it feel like to be Hillary Clinton now?

Think about it: she was this close to being the dem nominee for president. She put up with all kinds of fucking sexism and bullshit. Yes, her campaign was run by morons, but she was an inspiring candidate (unless you hate her, which is your choice). She was going to be the first woman to be nominated for the presidency, and perhaps could've been the first woman president.

Now, thanks to the rethugs' cynical moronic decision to put Moose Alaska/Half-Baked Alaska/Caribou Barbie/Barracuda/Freakshow Sarah Palin on the ticket with McFossil, SHE could be president. Fucking enemy of freedom, enemy of women, tool of the patriarchy Sarah Fucking Palin could be a heartbeat away from the presidency. And what did she do to deserve this (er...) honor?

Did she go to law school?
Did she work for women's causes?
Did she fight for women's rights?
Did she endure a fucking war on the campaign trail for over a year and a half?

Nope. She shot a moose, sucked the rethugs' dick (among others), completely sold her soul (if she had one) to greedy anti-environmental big-oil money-first bullshit and lies rethuglicanism, and BLAM -- like a shot to the flanks -- she's one more stolen election away from being the first woman VP and then President, once McFossil has the big one and kicks it during the first big crisis (or if they're out of steak sauce in the White House kitchen, or whatever).

Think what you will about Hillary Clinton. Hate her if you want, for whatever reasons you want. But if there's one woman in the world--one person in this fucked-up election--who deserves some pity, it's Hillary Clinton.

Hillary could've taken women's issues to the forefront and changed our futures and the futures of our daughters.

Palin would put us back into the Dark Ages.

And Hillary's watching all of it happen, right along with the rest of us, knowing that she had a chance to prevent the whole bullshitty thing from even happening.

16 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

It must be horribly frustrating for Hillary Clinton, to see this insane person in a position to potentially lead your country.

Elizabeth said...

If I was Hillary, I'd have my head in my hands.

Oh, wait, I'm doing that now.

Anonymous said...

I would have paid $1,000 to watch Hillary debate Moosebreath Palin.
And I'd pay double if Keith Olberman was the moderator.

KGMom said...

Hmmm--I take it you won't be voting Republican this year?

Oh man, you said it all--what a moronic turn of events. Hillary led the way, and now gets . . .nada!

Life As I Know It Now said...

I so hear you on this one and it's a crying shame. I had a dream about Biden being removed and Clinton taking over and it was sweet but unfortunately just a dream. I think about this stuff at night while I'm asleep--ugh!

Sorghum Crow said...

Right on! Right on! Right on!
Hillary is so far beyond the Palin, that I can't even think of strong enough metaphor. I'd call Palin a knucklehead, but that wouldn't be fair to knuckleheads everywhere.

Randal Graves said...

The best part about Clinton debating Palin is that she would be permitted - one would assume - by the campaign clowns to destroy her opponent since the Dems wouldn't have to be so fucking paranoid about charges of sexism if Biden were to aggressively shred Mooseburger's policy views, which he should.

dguzman said...

Barbara--exactly. You know she's bitter as hell.

Enc--me too.

Zip--I'll put in another thou!

KGMom--it's really sad.

Lib--I knew you'd see it that way too.

Sorghum Crow--I agree.

Randal--oh man, I hadn't even thought of that. Hillary would fucking DESTROY that moosehead.

Dean Wormer said...

But Hillary doesn't live anywhere near Russia.

How can she know anything about foreign affairs?

Anonymous said...

I was a Hillary backer. Obama beat her fair and square, though I do agree there was plenty of sexism from the media. But I don't think Palin/McFossil will win in November. Most of their little spurt upward comes solely from the south, where women vote as their husbands tell them. Not to worry I don't think. so far Obama has run a brilliant campaign.

Jody said...

Absofuckinglutely!

Claire said...

Oh, I am with you on this so hard. I'm a big Hillary fan, as you know, and the idea that Palin could end up President is the sickest joke ever. And Hillary would KICK HER ASS in a debate.

Distributorcap said...

dead on correct dg

what i cannot figure out tho is why hillary isnt out putting sarah in her place == one policy at a time

this has to be driving her crazy. and anyone who supports sarah just because the support hillary (dont get me started)

Freida Bee said...

It's not that I feel sorry for Clinton, becuase she's got it going on. I actually feel sorry for Palin in that regard, but seriously, I feel sorry for us, if we (as a nation) cannot see the differences between these two women.

Mauigirl said...

The Palin-Hillary skit on SNL last night summed up how Hillary must be feeling. The satire had to be very close to reality.

I do indeed feel bad for Hillary and I'm starting to wish Obama had chosen her for VP! Ah, hindsight is always 20-20.

dguzman said...

Dean--oh, of course--what was I thinking?! Das vadanya!

Feather--I just worry about this nation of celebrity worshippers--Palin would certainly qualify as a celeb now, complete with the skeletons in the closet and coverage by all the tabloids.

Jody--welcome to the bloggy! Your blog rocks, BTW.

CDP--That would've been such a great debate, with Palin standing there saying "in what sense?" to every question. Idiot.

DCap--amen, buddy.

Frieda--yes, I am very frightened by how stupid some Americans are.

Mauigirl--I missed that SNL. Need to find on the youtoobs! I don't know whether Obama should've picked her as VP or not, but it probably would've made McCain choose a man instead of Moose Alaska.