Monday, September 15, 2008

"an alarming lapse in judgment"

Here's a link to an interesting piece on Moose Alaska. A tidbit:
...Sarah Palin, the friendly neighbor, is different from Sarah Palin, the executive.

The latter is a woman with intense agendas guided by a narrow set of culturally conservative values and extreme religious views. She believes that abstinence should be the primary form of sex education taught to teenagers; she believes that creationism should be taught alongside science in our schools; she is against a woman's right to choose even in the cases of incest and rape; and her church believes gay and lesbian Americans can and, one assumes, should be corrected, redeemed from their deviant ways, by prayer ("pray away the gay" is their cheery slogan).


*shiver*

6 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

This post is extremely sexist. I shall be reporting you to James Dobson within the hour.

Dad E said...

McCain the patriot. You can kiss that off. Choosing a VP for political purposes instead of the best VP for America.

Should Palin become president, America will be at great peril, given her view of the world.

Elizabeth said...

She is just too horrible for words. Ice runs through my veins when I think of her. I must go and wash my brain out with soap now.

dguzman said...

Dr. Monkey--dammit, you caught me!

Dad E--but isn't he all about "country first?" And yes, she's more terrifying than Cheney (though I find it hard to believe I'm saying this). I think he at least saw where the limits were, whether he regarded them or not. She, I think, feels there ARE no limits. And what the hell does she know, having lived in Mooseville, AK, all her effing life?

Enc--right there with ya.

Sorghum Crow said...

When will the sheeple realize that the rethuglican candidates for emperor and vice-emperor are having a significant wardrobe malfunction with their new clothes.

Claire said...

I'm trying to pray away the stupid. I'll let you know how that goes.