Monday, April 21, 2008
Six Random Things About Me
Liberality tagged me to post six random things about myself. Here are the rules:
Link to the person who tagged you.
Post their rules on your blog.
Write six random things about yourself.
Tag six random people by linking to their blogs.
Let each of the six know they’ve been tagged by leaving them a comment (on their blogs).
Let your tagger know when your entry is up.
So--shall we begin?
1. I've never had the flu, measles, mumps, or even the chicken pox. I'm 43 now, though, so if I did get something like chicken pox, I'm told I'd probably have to be hospitalized. Can you imagine? Just for chicken pox! Of course, I love to scratch when I'm itchy, so they'd probably have to sedate me or strap me down so I wouldn't scratch--so maybe a hospital is the best place for me if I get the pox.
2. I'm not much of a traveler. I've never been out of the country except to go to Mexico (to visit my mom's family) when I was a kid. I have only visited a few states, too--all the ones on the bottom row of the country, plus just a few others. But I've never been in the Midwest or the Northeast. Not even Colorado. I would like to, but there's always something else to spend money on besides travel, I guess.
3. I have what The Kat calls "Restless Body Syndrome." I don't just get the jimmy-legs; I get the jimmy-body, often tossing and turning and itching and scratching and just readjusting all over. It doesn't happen every night, but when it does, it's really annoying to both of us.
4. I have flat feet.
5. (okay, I'm struggling now to think...) I really enjoy grocery shopping. I've often thought I should offer myself out to shop for other people who don't like the grocery store (like almost everyone I know). But unless I lived in a big city, with lots of lazy-ass rich people who'd pay me for this service, it will remain in the file drawer marked "crazy job ideas."
6. Speaking of crazy job ideas, I'd really like to someday open a coffeehouse/restaurant, one of those cool places that resells books, has great organic fair trade coffees, offers whole vegetarian food, hosts guitarists and other entertainers, and is an all-around great place to hang out. I doubt it will ever happen, but it's also in that "crazy job ideas" folder.
Now--I am suffering from a very bad cold/sinus thingie today, so I don't know if I can think of six random people who haven't already done this meme. I think I'm going to just say that if you wanna do it, do it. If not, don't. And pass me the tissues, please.