I'm totally ignoring politics today. Everyone's already written about the newest Obama picks, and I really have no opinion on them. I think I'm politicked out, honestly.
Instead, I'm doing a list: Things I've done will be boldfaced (which is a mantra all its own)
1. Started my own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than I can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sung a solo--back when I played in the band.
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
3. Watched lightening at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch--I taught myself to play guitar, bass, and piano.
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown my own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill--this is the reason for sick days, isn't it? When you're sick of work?
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse (only partials)
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught myself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had my portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling --I was terrified by live fish swimming around me.
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business--don't remind me.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma --tried to, but didn't weigh enough at the time. Also anemic.
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check --"what is your definition of 'a,' Your Honor?"
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial --a real thrill.
71. Eaten Caviar --BLECH!
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job --for being gay--I mean, for "not being a team player."
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone --ribs. Ouch.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury --three, to be exact.
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person --Living in Texas and NOT seeing the Alamo is a mortal sin.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee --and found out I'm allergic.
100. Ridden an elephant --my thighs hurt just remembering it.
This fascinating list brought to me by Freida Bee, who's done a lot.
Probably the most noticeable thing is that I haven't been to Europe; I've never been a big traveler, but I have gone out west (hence the Grand Canyon thing).