Monday, January 12, 2009

Just another reason...

...I voted for Driftglass. Nobody does it better, folks.

As these reichwing fascist nutjobs on Faux Nooz and other such media outlets continue to allow (and abet) the BushCo Revisionist History Project, I shake my head and keep on blogging for another day. (My meager efforts make little difference in the big scheme of things, but at least I have some place to vent.)

Still, it frightens the piss out of me to think that an asscrack like Brit Hume can say things like this and basically go unchallenged. (h/t to Driftglass for that link) Hell, look at the front page of Media Matters and you see nothing but wingnuts lying on TV for fun and profit.

How low can they go? How much history can they rewrite? Will anyone--besides bloggers--ever call them on it? If there's one trend I've noticed since Bush took office and started his grand fucking of the globe, it's this one:
1. politician and/or "journalist" pretty much lies right to us
2. blogosphere goes nuts
3. politician and/or "journalist" keeps his/her job, continues to lie right in our faces

I'm reminded of a post I did a while back, where I expressed my feeling that there are two levels of reality in this modern world, two universes---one in which those in power operate and get rich, and another in which all of us regular people toil and pay for everything that those in the other universe do. We see them, we get screwed by them, we cry out--but they don't even know we exist.

Will it ever change? Are we hurtling toward the future Orwell predicted? Can we believe anything we hear or read in the mainstream media?

In other random-thought news, I've been noticing with continued disgust and disappointment that it's getting harder and harder to listen to NPR these days. I noticed it a lot during the election and it's just gotten worse. Then today, I found this blog on Liberality's 'groll, NPR Check. Just started reading it, but soooo much of the ranting I've been doing when I have listened to NPR is echoed on this site. Makes me feel like I'm not the only one who's noticed that people like Steve Innskeep and the rest of the Morning Edition crew are just shills for Bush and the reich, though they're not as in-your-face about it as Faux Nooz.

Perhaps that's how they kept their government funding; who knows?

Anyway--as I said, I haven't read a lot of the posts on NPR Check, but if you too have noticed the shift to the right on NPR, give it a read.

3 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I stopped listening to NPR news years ago. Theonly things I listen to on my local station are Democracy Now! and Car Talk.

Earl Cootie said...

Bucko pretty much only listens to NPR in the car. I don't too often protest, though I usually end up screeching in rage. They are the absolute worst at He Said/She Said reporting but they present it in some faux in-depth and above-it-all fashion. And then there are the unintelligible phone interviews and ridiculous sound effects in a misguided effort at presenting, hell, I don't know, dynamic multimedia stories or some shit. Years ago, they nailed that coffin for me when . . . I don't recall what the story was specifically, but I presume it had to do with dentists because throughout the segment, they had a background noise of DENTISTS' DRILLS! No, I'm not kidding! Can you imagine how that annoyed every single listener in the world?

Okay. Thanks for that. Now I'll go read NPR Check (and likely get outraged all over).

Fran / Blue Gal said...

I agree with you that nobody does it better that DG. The combination of great photoshopping and great writing are really a rare gift.