Somehow I wandered onto the playground and into the middle of a game of Tag with the Bad-tempered Zombie from Canada.
I hear she’s pretty tough, even pulling a spike out of her own head, so I figure it’s safer to just play along. However, I’m not tagging eight people—I barely know eight people!
Remove one question from below, and add in your personal question, make it a total of 20 questions, then tag 8 people in your list. List them out at the end of this post. Notify them in their chat box that he/she has been tagged. Whoever does the tag will have blessings from all.
1. Who is your all-time inspiration?Boy—that changes a lot as time goes on, but I think there’s a common thread. When I was a kid, I was inspired by Jacques Cousteau, Carl Sagan, Galileo, and Neil Armstrong. Later, it was Quincy, the Jack Klugman character who was a medical examiner. Then I started watching all those crime investigation shows and was inspired to gut it up and get a degree in forensic science (still in progress). In short—I think I’ve always been inspired by scientists, because they discover so many new things and never stop learning.
2. Have you given your first kiss away?
Uh—not sure what you mean here. Do you mean have I ever kissed anyone? Good god, yes, man, I’m 43 years old!
3. If you were stranded on a deserted island, who are the three blog buddies you'd take with you and why?wow—only three. I’d probably take Julie Zickefoose, so she could Science Chimp stuff and make sure we don’t eat poisonous berries or anything. I’d also take Dcap, because I’m sure he would keep me entertained with his considerable intelligence and humor. Third, I’d probably beg Matty Boy to come with, so he could ‘splain everything.
4. Where is the place you want to go to the most?Anywhere but work.
5. If you could have one dream come true, what would it be?The one where I win the lottery and get to bird and goof around with friends and travel whenever I want.
6. Do you believe in seeing a rainbow after the rain?In the scientific sense, no—the sun doesn’t always come out after the rain stops. In the optimistic sense, no as well—it seems like just when the rain stops, another monsoon comes in.
7. What are you most afraid of losing right now?My parents.
8. If you win one million dollars what would you do?Put it someplace safe like a bank where it can draw a decent amount of interest, then I’d quit my job and just live. I might open a little café/bookstore place, but we’d have to move to a better area first--where there are people who would appreciate and frequent such a place.
9. If/when you meet somebody that you love, would you confess it to him/her? That’s basically what I did to get Kat, so yes.
10. List out three good points of the person who tagged you. Barbara:
--lives in Canada, that lucky dog
--still loves music in a way that I just don’t anymore
--has survived a spiky tree attack
11. Three weird facts about yourself
Oh gees—I don’t know how weird these facts are, but:
--I don’t really like chocolate. It’s just not that good to me.
--I hate to try on clothes. If I can’t tell whether it will fit just by looking at it or checking the size, I just don’t buy it.
--I like studying.
12. Which type of person do you hate the most?
The kind who refuse to learn new things outside of their narrow frame of reference.
13. If you have faults, would you rather the people around you point it out to you or would you rather they keep quiet? Well—yes, I’d rather they said something, but in a kind and gentle way. That is, of course, if I had any faults.
14. What do you think is most important in life?Learning new things and sharing them with people you love.
15. Are you a shopaholic? Definitely not. I hate shopping for everything except groceries (that’s just fun).
16. State one of your desires.To be able to go to school full-time, so I can move on to career #6 or 7 (I lost count).
17. Which part of your character would you like to change?I’d like to have more discipline and desire when it comes to exercising. I’ve gained weight, and I just have no motivation to work it off – I just find myself expecting it to melt away all by itself while I’m planted on the couch reading Harry Potter.
18. What have you been putting off doing lately? Exercising.
19. What's your favorite smell? Flowers--especially orange blossoms.
20. Describe yourself in three words.
Um. Does that count as one? No? Okay. Uh… dangerously desperately curious
As for tagging, I’ll go with… anyone who wants to play!