Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Are you better off?

Maybe these stupid say-nothing cowardly dems can't say it, but I can:

YES. I am better off today than I was four years ago.

--Four years ago, I was being denied a car loan, despite my high credit score, little knowing that within a few days the markets would crash and we'd teeter on the brink of another Great Depression.

--Three years ago, I was trying to find a job in a California where unemployment was over 13 percent; I couldn't stay out there and had to move back from the land of dreams I always thought California would be.

--Today, I'm working for a company that's hiring and that's paying people good wages and providing great benefits. I'm working hard, but I'm making more than I've ever made.

--Today, I'm better off -- and feeling better now about life -- than I was back when we were all still reeling from eight years of Chimpy's dick-tater-shit.

Things aren't perfect, but when I think about the possibility of seeing Roe v. Wade overturned, seeing my chances of marrying my partner disappear, and watching a new theocracy take over and likely follow Israel into war against Iran and anyone else brown and muslim, I know that even if I were swallowing sand in the desert and Romney offered me a glass of water (which would, given who he is, be a glass of piss), I'd STILL vote for Obama over Romney.

What about you?

4 comments:

Dr. MVM said...

Agreed. Things aren't perfect, but we're better off without that idiot Bush.

dguzman said...

I've been watching as little of the coverage of the conventions and the race as I can, but I keep thinking about the "Hope and Change" slogan, and I think about it this way:
1. We STILL hope.
2. We DID change. Maybe not everything is changed for the better, but many things are.

Life As I Know It Now said...

I am better off personally. I got my degree, and I got a raise. I left my husband and have my own place.

I don't want my granddaughters having to be the baby bearing slaves of men. For that reason I won't vote for R&R, that's for damned sure.

Brewella Deville said...

Slim, Puddles, and I are over here now. Follow the avatar.