Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Are you better off?

Maybe these stupid say-nothing cowardly dems can't say it, but I can:

YES. I am better off today than I was four years ago.

--Four years ago, I was being denied a car loan, despite my high credit score, little knowing that within a few days the markets would crash and we'd teeter on the brink of another Great Depression.

--Three years ago, I was trying to find a job in a California where unemployment was over 13 percent; I couldn't stay out there and had to move back from the land of dreams I always thought California would be.

--Today, I'm working for a company that's hiring and that's paying people good wages and providing great benefits. I'm working hard, but I'm making more than I've ever made.

--Today, I'm better off -- and feeling better now about life -- than I was back when we were all still reeling from eight years of Chimpy's dick-tater-shit.

Things aren't perfect, but when I think about the possibility of seeing Roe v. Wade overturned, seeing my chances of marrying my partner disappear, and watching a new theocracy take over and likely follow Israel into war against Iran and anyone else brown and muslim, I know that even if I were swallowing sand in the desert and Romney offered me a glass of water (which would, given who he is, be a glass of piss), I'd STILL vote for Obama over Romney.

What about you?

4 comments:

dguzman said...

I've been watching as little of the coverage of the conventions and the race as I can, but I keep thinking about the "Hope and Change" slogan, and I think about it this way:
1. We STILL hope.
2. We DID change. Maybe not everything is changed for the better, but many things are.

Life As I Know It Now said...

I am better off personally. I got my degree, and I got a raise. I left my husband and have my own place.

I don't want my granddaughters having to be the baby bearing slaves of men. For that reason I won't vote for R&R, that's for damned sure.

brewella deville said...

Slim, Puddles, and I are over here now. Follow the avatar.

Unknown said...

I feel very happy after reading your article, you really inspire all readers including me. I hope you are always actively working on this site, because I would often frequent visits, thanks Obat Pasca Keguguran