Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The one where I get an award

A person I've been noticing in the comments windows of several high-quality blogs I visit and even my own little bloggy, Diva Jood has awarded IAOD an um Arte y Pico award! It's really fancy-looking:

in addition to being in Spanish and everything! I'm not sure what "Arte y Pico" means--art and something -- maybe something to do with pico de gallo, which I love, but I doubt it.

At any rate, the rules explain exactly what the award is for:
1)Pick five (5) blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.

2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.

3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.

4) Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award which is here: Arte y Pico.
Wow--someone thinks my blog is creative and interesting! And that it contributes to the blogging community! *blush*

So I'm kinda pumped! Now to think of five nominees who haven't already been nominated....

If anyone contributes to the blogging community as well as the world around her (and certainly to my world), it's the lovely FranIAm. But she's already gotten the award from Diva Jood herself! Dangit.

Okay--how about Distributorcap in NY? His history posts alone rival anything you'll see on TV or in the movies, documentary-wise, and his biting humor makes his blog a must-read for anyone who wants to understand complex issues like oil, the economy, and our own screwed-up country. But shit! He's already been nominated too; thanks for nothin', Randal! And dammit, that means I can't nominate Randal either, because he's already got one too!

OH HOLD THE PHONE -- Although I don't know whether they will appear at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion to accept their awards, I do have two amazing bloggers who make me think, laugh, and sometimes cry:

Jess Wundrun: My favorite Wisconsinite wonders about our world, our stupid president, and everything in between. A day with Wundrun is like a day without books--you just might as well stay in bed.

Pissed off Patricia at Morning Martini: with bonus posts every Friday from Fred, the cat who loves you guys, this is a two-for-one that'll make your day. Make mine a double!

So that's two. Now--for the King of the Scanner™ himself, the guardian of all things graphical and printed, Dr. Monkey von Monkerstein! Consider: his scans of vintage children's books and assorted magazines, his recaptioned New Yorker cartoons, his quirky combinations of his scans and his own ideas, to name just a few of the things I love about Dr. Monkey. Plus he's a movie star, and he REALLY HATES CHIMPY! AND he sent me a CD with a song called "Lucky Rabbit's Foot" that makes Niblet jump around like crazy!

That's three--I can think of one more, and I'd better hurry before someone else nominates her:

Vikkitikkitavi at Bells On. Go there. Read. Every post. Evah. She's that good.

Okay--I'm tapped out, man.

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on your award! You have earned it. Mr.OM and I really like your work.

I am aware of Dr. Monkey, and am amused by the Monkeyshines each day, aw yeah.

I've got to go and check these other people out.

Fran said...

You have me laughing my ass off over here!!!

DivaJood said...

What grace, what style. Do you have a gown for the awards banquet yet?

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I accept this award on behalf of all the little people. Seriously, thanks for giving it to me. It means the world to me that my fellow bloggers like what I put out there.

From the bottom of my simian heart, thank you my friend.

Randal Graves said...

It's fancy looking indeed, but when you embiggen it, it kind of looks like that cheapo ceramic imported from China. See, never trust a Spaniard!

Anonymous said...

DG - According to the Babelfish translation site, Pico means "Tip". Being Spanish myself my mind wanders back to when my parents would buy either Cafe El Pico or Bustello, which is being sold now in tiny cups as espresso. Anyway, congrats on the award. Well done.

vikkitikkitavi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vikkitikkitavi said...

Thank you!

I also want to thank Jesus for helping me win this award. Seriously. Jesus is very into atheism now, and he is glad I am pimping for the cause. He's just really damn tired of Christians, and he thinks of me as a kindred spirit.

Well, that, plus we are both Cubs fans, and I convinced him that he could suspend his "I don't interfere in Major League Baseball games" rule for one measly year.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'm pretty sure that "arte y pico" means "fish art" or something.

COngrats on a well-deserved award.

Distributorcap said...

congrats!
so well deserved

i won one!

i dont win anything

Dr. Zaius said...

Congratulations! And you are right, Jess Wundrun is indeed awesome.

Jess Wundrun said...

Congratulations to you and thankyou thankyou thankyou for the nomination! You're swell. I'm a bit behind, but I promise to follow the rules once I've caught up with the regular earthly rotation.